One of RCC's core values is Children and Youth. Because we believe that children are a gift from God, we are excited that you are interested in child dedication. Our next annual dedication service will be January 19, 2020. If you would like for your family to participate (at either 8:30 or 11 AM), please contact Shannon Newsome. Below are some answers to a few questions asked about child dedication:
A Child Dedication is …
- An opportunity to thank God for the precious gift of your child(ren).
- An opportunity to publicly declare your intentions to raise your child(ren) in a Christian home.
- A family dedication, where the parents commit themselves to live by biblical principles and to raise their child(ren) according to God’s standards.
Child Dedication does not …
- Involve baptism. We believe the Bible teaches that baptism is to take place at the time when the individual makes a personal decision to follow Christ and is old enough to repent of sin and confess Jesus publicly.
Requirements for Dedication:
- Parents who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ will be unable to submit their child(ren) to God’s will because they themselves have not submitted. As a result, we do not encourage any parent to make a vow to God that he or she has no real intention of keeping.
- While the ideal is for both parents to participate, we acknowledge that is not always possible. Because the service signifies the commitment of parents (including single parents) to do their best to raise their child(ren) in a Christian home, single parents are welcome to participate.
- Membership at Reidsville Christian Church is NOT a requirement to participate.
During the Dedication, As Parents or Guardians, You Will Be Asked …
- To share a verse of Scripture you have selected and why you chose that particular passage.
- To share some of your hopes, dreams, blessings for your child(ren).
- To share a prayer request for yourselves and your child(ren).
- To send at least a week before the dedication service a .jpg picture of your child(ren) to be used in the service.