Good afternoon, Reidsville Christian Church family!
This is the email that I've been wanting to write for over two months! Our elders have met twice this week and after last night's meeting, I am excited to announce that we will be having in-person worship again in our facility beginning Sunday, June 7.
Even though we cannot "fill the room" initially, or offer the "normal" RCC experience, we believe that the opportunity to be a part of a corporate worship experience is needed and important. We do not want to create a (perceived) sterile and awkward experience. At the same time, we need to be able to assure our entire congregation and community that we are taking your health and safety seriously. To that end, we know that while we cannot mitigate all of the risks, we are, as we have been doing since the beginning, taking conservative and measured precautions.
We will resume in-person worship on Sunday, June 7, with the following:
Sunday AM Worship
- There will be three Family Worship services (8:30 / 9:45 / 11:00 AM).
- Those who are at risk are encouraged to continue staying at home. The worship service will be available as a live stream with archive beginning June 7. (More info on this next week)
- Those who are not feeling well and experiencing any cough, sore throat or fever are asked to stay home.
- Initially, until we can get a better gauge as to how the services are being attended, we will use an online booking system (or call-in to the church office) to keep each service at 100 people (+ approximately 25 ushers, security team, praise team, and leaders). It will be necessary, at least initially, to reserve seats for each service. Reservations for June 7th services will begin on Monday, June 1. (More info on this next week)
- Seating will be arranged to accommodate social distancing. There will be every-other-row seating which you will be directed to by an usher. Only families may sit together.
- Social distancing is required.
- Masks are highly encouraged. (Masks will be available if you do not have one). This is especially important during congregational singing and during entrance/exit.
- Hand sanitizing is required.
- There will be a separate assigned entrance and exit door.
At this time, there will be...
- No Nursery (the baby nursery will be open if you have a child that needs changing, but there will not be workers to keep your children)
- No Children’s or Student Ministry meetings in person (Ms. Mindy will providing a children's bulletin and preschool page with activities tied to the sermon, as well as crayons or colored pencils that the children can take home with them)
- No Connection Groups in person
- No Fellowship Time between services (coffee, donuts, etc.)
- No small groups, classes, Bible studies or meetings (outside of leadership) on campus
community or church events in the church building outside of Sunday AM
Safety and Sanitation Precautions
- In the parking lots, we ask each driver to distance their car so that there is a parking spot between each car.
- Automatic hand sanitizer pumps will be located at the entrance to the auditorium.
- Masks will be available for pickup as you enter the front door.
- Restroom and commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned before and after each service.
- Greeters will not shake hands (or hug).
- Prior to each service, a communion cup will be placed at each seat by gloved volunteers.
- Offering boxes will be available at the door as you leave.
- Pens and guest/prayer/service cards will be removed from the auditorium.
- In addition to suspending the fellowship time between services, the water fountains will not be available for use.
As I stated
several weeks back, while some may consider these guidelines to be
"overboard," our goal has been and continues to be to bring our
entire congregation back to worship as we are able, as safely and as
comfortably as possible. To this point, your support has been phenomenal. We ask
for your continued patience and cooperation. As we move forward, our plans are
to relax some of these guidelines as we are able, with the goal of being
completely back together by September 1.
Look for an email next week with video explanations and instructions from our elders. Until then, I hope you and your family will join us in worship this Sunday online - reidsville.cc/watch.
Continue to pray for our community and nation. This weekend, say a special prayer of "thank you" for all who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can be free.
I cannot wait to see you! The countdown is on...