Reidsville Christian Church Student Ministry Vision and Journey
Vision: Reidsville Christian Church Student Ministry (RCCSM) exists for the purpose of helping to create fully equipped and devoted lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
Journey: Through Discipleship, Outreach, Teaching, and Service, RCCSM will annually explore seven principles that are essential to the spiritual health of all Christians. It is the aim of this ministry to employ these seven principles in order to achieve the vision of helping to create fully equipped and devoted lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
The Seven Principles:
1. Authentic Faith: Students will gain a correct understanding of faith so that they will trust God with their lives.
2. Spiritual Disciplines: Students will develop an earnest and consistent devotional life that will transform their approach to Scripture and behavior.
3. Moral Boundaries: Students will set up individual limits and boundaries for their lives as they discover God’s plan for sex and morality in their lives.
4. Meaningful Friendships: Students will begin to craft healthy friendships and avoid the pitfalls of unhealthy ones.
5. Wise Choices: Students will understand that good decision making is more complex than just right and wrong. They will grasp that they need wisdom in making good decisions.
6. Ultimate Authority: Students will discover that true freedom is found under God’s authority. Students will begin to submit to the authorities placed over their lives as made clear in Scripture.
7. Others First: In a “Me first” culture, students will truly begin to shift their minds from selfishness to selflessness. Students will look to the needs of others before their own.